After Injury or Illness
It’s Time to Get Your BodyFit
The BodyFit program is designed to:
· Review Fitness – where you are now and what could be improved – weight /cardio /strength /mobility.
· Rehab Injuries – exercises specific to your rehab designed by an experienced physiotherapist.
· Restore Ability – specific to your needs.
· Reach Goals – modified goals that are realistic and important to you.
BodyFit is suitable for conditions such as:
· Post-operative rehab – after joint replacements or spinal surgery.
· Medical Conditions – such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.
· Chronic Injuries – like shoulder instability, tendonitis or patello-femoral pain.
· Multiple Trauma – car accidents and falls resulting in fractures and multiple soft tissue injuries benefit from customized exercise.
Ross Baines is an experienced physiotherapist with an interest in exercise rehab to help patients get fit for life and to manage some mechanical issues as they do so. Ross will use his experience with strength and conditioning, spinal mobility, circuit training, run drills, swim drills, pilates and functional exercise using kinetic link training to customise an exercise program at our onsite private gym, adjacent Parkside Resort gym & pool and local Beacon Hill Park.
Look What Our Clients Are Saying!
“Our active family attend Physioplus with various sports injuries and find that treatment involves hands on help and advice on rehab and return to sport to prevent recurrent injuries. We like the gym area to practice the exercises we are taught – especially important for teenagers!
We are also very satisfied with service availability on short notice. Your expertise in treating Andre was key to his successful trial with for the Whitecaps U17/18 team.”
“After two sprained ankles within twenty-four hours of one another, intensive physiotherapy got me off crutches and to an overnight snowshoe camp and European soccer tour within weeks.”
“My experience at PhysioPlus was extremely positive. 3 days after tearing my ACL playing soccer I had my first visit. I walked in on crutches and was wearing an immobilizer knee brace for stability. PhysioPlus was able to help me regain confidence to bear weight on my injured leg and I was able to walk out with the crutches in one hand and the knee brace in the other.
PhysioPlus was able to confirm from their assessment of my knee that I had, in fact, ruptured my ACL which had not yet been confirmed, being prior to an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon or an MRI.
PhysioPlus had me work through a program pre-surgery to regain as much mobility and stability I could without having the ACL intact. After the reconstructive surgery was completed we worked through a program to continue to increase mobility and strength. Having access to the exercise room complete with equipment was extremely helpful. PhysioPlus was able to explain and demonstrate how to effectively work through the exercise routines.
Within one year of my surgery I have returned to running and have started some hiking. I would highly recommend Physio Plus to anyone requiring treatment. The atmosphere is calm and everyone is extremely friendly and caring.”