Looking for a Physiotherapist
Looking for a physiotherapist? — You are in the right hands at Physioplus
- Our experience is our advantage- with over 25 years of clinical experience working with specialists and following best practice we will provide you with the right treatment and the best outcome. We provide hands on help and education to help you move well and stay well.
- Focused on Professional Service- As clinic owners and local residents we aim to build professional relationships with patients and doctors in our community. We develop treatment plans to meet individual goals and communicate progress to referring doctors.
- Quality Facilities- Our upmarket clinic is located at 809 Fairfield Road at the corner of Blanshard Street. We have street level disabled access, private treatment rooms, onsite gym for exercise classes and access to a 25m pool in the adjacent Parkside Resort.
- Worksafe BC Accredited Provider- We have invested in the facilities, registrations, insurances and systems required to provide care for patients injured at work.
- More Services & Quality Facilities- We offer Hyrotherapy, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Exercise Classes and Specialized Services including Woman’s Health and treatment of Vertigo. We have a special interest in prehab and rehab of joint replacements. Our Kinesiologist provides rehab exercise for complex and chronic conditions including ICBC claims. We offer direct billing for insured patients and ICBC and WCB claims.
Move Well and Stay Well with the help of experienced professionals at Physioplus
Orthopedic Physiotherapy: Our Experience- Your Advantage
We have extensive experience in Orthopaedic physiotherapy having worked closely with Orthopaedic surgeons in private hospitals and clinics in Australia and here in Victoria at VIHA outpatient clinics and ReBalance with the PROM’s study on outcomes after arthroplasty.
We believe our clinical specialization and quality facilities with the onsite gym and pool access at the adjacent Parkside Resort will improve clinical outcomes and our patients satisfaction.
As clinic owners we are focused on delivering professional services.
Our Physiotherapists understand Orthopaedics-the Orthopaedic procedures, the importance for post op protection and graded rehabilitation following current protocols.
We focus on function through manual therapy, exercise and education- traditional Physiotherapy that delivers results and value for patients.
We look forward to working with you and your patients.
Ross Baines & Christine Morrison- PhysioPlus- Downtown Victoria
For more information or to book an appointment, click the button to contact us!
Caleigh ( Athlete and student )
“After two sprained ankles within twenty-four hours of one another, intensive physiotherapy got me off crutches and to an overnight snowshoe camp and European soccer tour within weeks.”
Nell (Educator and (again, thanks to Ross) considerably more knowledgeable Cricket Spectator)
“I was referred to Ross by my doctor, originally, for treatment of shin splints. When Ross could see my progress was not as expected, he communicated with my doctor regarding the possibility of a tibia fracture – a subsequent CT scan confirmed it was. Thanks to Ross’s professional experience and keen attention to underlying symptoms, my injury was more accurately diagnosed and is now, with his physio support, healing well. Ross’ quiet sense of humour and steady encouragement have made my physio treatment experience very positive”.
Peter ( still strolling along. )
“Ross took the time to understand the impact heel pain had on my activities and analyze the mechanics and footwear that aggravated the pain. With therapy and the custom orthotics he prescribed and recommended footwear I was able to happily stroll through the villages and countryside of Italy this Summer.”
Paul Gray ( active dad and running enthusiast )
“My experience at PhysioPlus was extremely positive. 3 days after tearing my ACL playing soccer I had my first visit. I walked in on crutches and was wearing an immobilizer knee brace for stability. Ross was able to help me regain confidence to bear weight on my injured leg and I was able to walk out with the crutches in one hand and the knee brace in the other.
Ross was able to confirm from his assessment of my knee that I had, in fact, ruptured my ACL which had not yet been confirmed, being prior to an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon or an MRI.
Ross had me work through a program pre-surgery to regain as much mobility and stability I could without having the ACL intact. After the reconstructive surgery was completed we worked through a program to continue to increase mobility and strength. Having access to the exercise room complete with equipment was extremely helpful. Ross was able to explain and demonstrate how to effectively work through the exercise routines.
Within one year of my surgery I have returned to running and have started some hiking. I would highly recommend PhysioPlus to anyone requiring treatment. The atmosphere is calm and everyone is extremely friendly and caring.”
Lisa Wren (Age 55)
“After completing an extensive painting project, I ended up with a frozen right shoulder, which was extremely painful and debilitating. This is when my introduction to Physioplus occurred. My physiotherapist, Ross Baines, was instrumental in getting me back to good health. Ross used various interventional techniques to encourage movement in the shoulder joint, always providing me with ample information about each. He was always professional and communicated thoroughly with the rest of my medical team. I have every confidence that the care Ross provided expedited my return to normal activity. I would not hesitate to recommend Ross and the entire team at Physioplus!”
Bruce Cook – previous hard core triathlete
“Most highly recommended for physio and rehab. Ross is a knowledgable and caring practitioner, going above and beyond to help you. Easy going personality and very supportive. Ross is easy to talk to with incredible results. A+ from me.”