Custom Orthotics – Time is Running Out
Yes its December and its time to take advantage of your investment in extended benefits.
Foot Facts: 25% of the bones of your body are in the foot. Each day we take around 10,000 steps and it is the complex interaction of your foot on the ground and the correct alignment of your knee, hip, and pelvis over your foot that enables efficient painfree walking and running. Abnormal foot mechanics can result in the following common conditions: localized foot pain (metatarsalgia / bunions / neuroma) heel and ankle pain (plantar fasciitis / achilles tendonitis) and other lower limb problems such as shin splints and patello-femoral pain. Custom orthotics correct abnormal foot mechanics to help you Move Well & Stay Well.
What is GaitScan?
GaitScan is a state of the art force plate linked to a software program that allows your physiotherapist to accurately detect abnormal foot function as you stand and walk across the force plate. The data from your GaitScan aids planning your treatment and can be sent to The Orthotic Group (TOG) Lab to produce orthotics to correct your specific foot problems.
- Interpretation of your history of injury and function requirements including footwear
- Examination by an experienced physiotherapist which considers biomechanics and factors contributing to your pain and the role for treatment and corrective exercise.
- The GaitScan results which may indicate abnormal foot mechanics which contribute to your pain.
3 Reasons why TOG Orthotics are better:
1. Comfort – TOG orthotics are low profile, flexible and comfortable. The orthotic is made to gently correct the abnormal mechanics of your foot when walking rather than ‘hold’ the foot in a neutral position which is the basis of some orthotics which in our opinion are bulky, uncomfortable and less functional.
2. Quality – TOG is a leading orthotic laboratory using quality materials which allow orthotic types and styles that suit your needs eg. RunFlex, SoccorFlex, DressFlex. The orthotic shell has a lifetime guarantee and the softcover has a 6 month guarantee after which it can be replaced for $50.
3. Price – TOG Orthotics from PhysioPlus cost $390 per pair or $550 for 2 pairs. TOG orthotics can be built into select shoes or sandals from leading brands (eg. Merrell / Brooks / Naot). With the shoe / orthotic combination from TOG priced around $390. These prices are very competitive and substantial rebates apply from health insurers.
We use Gaitscan technology and our clinical experience to decide if you will
benefit from custom orthotics. The Orthotic Group (TOG) is a world leader in
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a fact sheet on lower limb
biomechanics & orthotics or any of our other specialist services.
For more information or to book an appointment, click the button to contact us!
Caleigh ( Athlete and student )
“After two sprained ankles within twenty-four hours of one another, intensive physiotherapy got me off crutches and to an overnight snowshoe camp and European soccer tour within weeks.”
Nell (Educator and (again, thanks to Ross) considerably more knowledgeable Cricket Spectator)
“I was referred to Ross by my doctor, originally, for treatment of shin splints. When Ross could see my progress was not as expected, he communicated with my doctor regarding the possibility of a tibia fracture – a subsequent CT scan confirmed it was. Thanks to Ross’s professional experience and keen attention to underlying symptoms, my injury was more accurately diagnosed and is now, with his physio support, healing well. Ross’ quiet sense of humour and steady encouragement have made my physio treatment experience very positive”.
Peter ( still strolling along. )
“Ross took the time to understand the impact heel pain had on my activities and analyze the mechanics and footwear that aggravated the pain. With therapy and the custom orthotics he prescribed and recommended footwear I was able to happily stroll through the villages and countryside of Italy this Summer.”
Paul Gray ( active dad and running enthusiast )
“My experience at PhysioPlus was extremely positive. 3 days after tearing my ACL playing soccer I had my first visit. I walked in on crutches and was wearing an immobilizer knee brace for stability. Ross was able to help me regain confidence to bear weight on my injured leg and I was able to walk out with the crutches in one hand and the knee brace in the other.
Ross was able to confirm from his assessment of my knee that I had, in fact, ruptured my ACL which had not yet been confirmed, being prior to an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon or an MRI.
Ross had me work through a program pre-surgery to regain as much mobility and stability I could without having the ACL intact. After the reconstructive surgery was completed we worked through a program to continue to increase mobility and strength. Having access to the exercise room complete with equipment was extremely helpful. Ross was able to explain and demonstrate how to effectively work through the exercise routines.
Within one year of my surgery I have returned to running and have started some hiking. I would highly recommend PhysioPlus to anyone requiring treatment. The atmosphere is calm and everyone is extremely friendly and caring.”
Lisa Wren (Age 55)
“After completing an extensive painting project, I ended up with a frozen right shoulder, which was extremely painful and debilitating. This is when my introduction to Physioplus occurred. My physiotherapist, Ross Baines, was instrumental in getting me back to good health. Ross used various interventional techniques to encourage movement in the shoulder joint, always providing me with ample information about each. He was always professional and communicated thoroughly with the rest of my medical team. I have every confidence that the care Ross provided expedited my return to normal activity. I would not hesitate to recommend Ross and the entire team at Physioplus!”
Bruce Cook – previous hard core triathlete
“Most highly recommended for physio and rehab. Ross is a knowledgable and caring practitioner, going above and beyond to help you. Easy going personality and very supportive. Ross is easy to talk to with incredible results. A+ from me.”