Custom Orthotics – Time is Running Out
Yes its December and its time to take advantage of your investment in extended benefits.
Foot Facts: 25% of the bones of your body are in the foot. Each day we take around 10,000 steps and it is the complex interaction of your foot on the ground and the correct alignment of your knee, hip, and pelvis over your foot that enables efficient painfree walking and running. Abnormal foot mechanics can result in the following common conditions: localized foot pain (metatarsalgia / bunions / neuroma) heel and ankle pain (plantar fasciitis / achilles tendonitis) and other lower limb problems such as shin splints and patello-femoral pain. Custom orthotics correct abnormal foot mechanics to help you Move Well & Stay Well.
What is GaitScan?
GaitScan is a state of the art force plate linked to a software program that allows your physiotherapist to accurately detect abnormal foot function as you stand and walk across the force plate. The data from your GaitScan aids planning your treatment and can be sent to The Orthotic Group (TOG) Lab to produce orthotics to correct your specific foot problems.
- Interpretation of your history of injury and function requirements including footwear
- Examination by an experienced physiotherapist which considers biomechanics and factors contributing to your pain and the role for treatment and corrective exercise.
- The GaitScan results which may indicate abnormal foot mechanics which contribute to your pain.
3 Reasons why TOG Orthotics are better:
1. Comfort – TOG orthotics are low profile, flexible and comfortable. The orthotic is made to gently correct the abnormal mechanics of your foot when walking rather than ‘hold’ the foot in a neutral position which is the basis of some orthotics which in our opinion are bulky, uncomfortable and less functional.
2. Quality – TOG is a leading orthotic laboratory using quality materials which allow orthotic types and styles that suit your needs eg. RunFlex, SoccorFlex, DressFlex. The orthotic shell has a lifetime guarantee and the softcover has a 6 month guarantee after which it can be replaced for $50.
3. Price – TOG Orthotics from PhysioPlus cost $390 per pair or $550 for 2 pairs. TOG orthotics can be built into select shoes or sandals from leading brands (eg. Merrell / Brooks / Naot). With the shoe / orthotic combination from TOG priced around $390. These prices are very competitive and substantial rebates apply from health insurers.
We use Gaitscan technology and our clinical experience to decide if you will
benefit from custom orthotics. The Orthotic Group (TOG) is a world leader in
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a fact sheet on lower limb
biomechanics & orthotics or any of our other specialist services.